Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Irony is Dead

The same crowd who get downright militant about abortion and saving fetuses are downright militant about helping children whose parents don't have the means to afford decent healthcare!

They're now going after
the family of a 2-year old girl whose story was featured in a political ad supporting SCHIP.

So they want all these poor or unfit parents who can't handle the cost and responsibility of having a child (for whatever reason) to HAVE to carry the baby, then act like the world is coming apart when someone wants to help that child's parents afford healthcare FOR THE SAME CHILD. I've said this many times before, but this is beyond hypocrisy, this is madness.

What a sick freaking place this country is.

Also:
Glenn Greenwald has been all over the telecom/Bush administration skulduggery.
• Keith Olbermann discusses as well.

4 comments:

Me said...

Words actually fail me here. And that's rare, indeed.

OK, let me try.

What a bunch of assholes!

Pardon for me for being OT now, but I saw this comment by you over at ThinkProgress and I swear I spewed coffee.

"#

If I didn’t know better I would have said American politics had just jumped the shark. But of course, I’m a liberal so I know better.

Please kill me."

Comment by lefty — October 16, 2007 @ 4:19 pm


Spewed coffee.

Nice to meet you.

:)

Anonymous said...

All of this is patently obvious to my husband and myself, yet the public at large seems blissfully unaware and unconcerned. It's frustrating and scary, but I have yet to figure out what to do about it. There is just so much money allayed against the "people's interest".

Lefty said...

frosty,

I'm going to post a plan for accomplishing just that. Simply put, we target and remove the Democrats who are standing in the way. If that doesn't work, we need to create our own party, which includes disillusioned independents and sane conservatives. I'll lay out exactly what kind of platform I think people can really agree upon, principles which stood for decades until the recent GOP nightmare.

Either the Democratic Party changes or we leave them behind. They no longer have a choice and we shouldn't worry about elections or even what media psychopaths like O'Reilly have to say about it. This movement needs cohesion, a plan and a name. I'll post my thoughts and solicit ideas.

Anonymous said...

You totally have the right idea man. I see all these things happening and it feels like there is absolutley nothing I can do about it. Its disturbing to see the people of your own country not even react to things like this. There is way to much lately that has gone unchallenged by the American people. Its as if no ones paying attention. But anyway, A movement with a plan and a name.. thats exactly what we need to get started.